Join our Plastronics team.
Grow with us. Plastronics is looking for experienced engineers and employees at all levels to join our team. The Plastronics team offers combined advanced technical engineering expertise and practical real-world application experience.
We’re looking for experienced professionals with the ability to apply technical knowledge to solve practical challenges in the areas of technology and innovation in semiconductor testing.
Do you think Plastronics is a good fit for you and your career?
Send your resumes and information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mechanical Design Engineering Opportunity Irving, Texas
Plastronics Socket Company (Plastronics), a multi-million dollar, privately held engineering and manufacturing company serving the semiconductor and interconnect industries for over 40 years has an immediate need for entry-level mechanical design engineers.
As a Mechanical Design Engineer you will be responsible for design and development of burn-in sockets for the semiconductor industry. This position offers a high degree of autonomy and responsibility in one of the most exciting areas of semiconductor manufacturing. Customers include large multi-national semiconductor companies involved in the latest in connector and semiconductor technology.
The ideal candidate(s) will possess the following qualifications:
- B.S. Degree in mechanical engineering
- Understanding of geometric tolerancing and tolerance analysis
- Experience with statistical methods, analysis, and research such as Monte Carlo Analysis is essential
- Understanding of and/or experience in Solidworks® or similar 2D and 3D CAD software Ability to engineer basic assembly and inspection fixtures
- Understanding of, and experience in precision plastic injection molding, metal fabrication and CNC machining, and precision small parts assembly
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage internal and external relationships, and balance the needs of the customer against design, quality and cost considerations.
Nature and Scope of the position:
- The position is based at Plastronics General Office’s in Irving, Texas
- Some domestic and international travel may be required
Respond by submitting your resume, cover letter and salary requirements to:
Plastronics Socket Company
2601 Texas Drive
Irving, Texas 75062